Wednesday, January 13, 2010

FIRST ENTRY!

First blog entries are always the hardest. I have all these ideas in my head so I think "Hey! I'll start a blog!" but then, come time to write something, I get a little lost. I guess I could introduce myself, but if you're reading this that probably means that either A. You know me and found out about this on Facebook or because I told you, in which case you already know a lot about me, or B. You're some creepy stalker guy who found this blog on accident, in which case I don't really want you to know anything about me. And anyway, I have a whole paragraph about myself over there in the corner, because I'm a self centered, egotistical teenager.

I had a blog before, but I haven't used it in over a year, and no one read it except my friend Ashley anyway. So I figured I'd start fresh. It's not going to be very interesting, because my life is pretty average. I'll post about my day, which will be uneventful for the most part. I'll post about books I'm reading. Maybe some movie reviews. Long, geeky rants about the latest Glee episodes, once they return from their annoyingly long break. I'll talk about my friends. And how being a teenager kind of sucks sometimes because people are FREAKING WEIRD AND NO ONE IS EVER STRAIGHTFORWARD ABOUT ANYTHING AND PEOPLE GIVE YOU LOOKS IN THE GROCERY STORE LIKE YOU'RE NOT COOL ENOUGH TO BE THERE EVEN THOUGH IT'S FREAKING SAFEWAY AND THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO GO THERE ARE OLD PEOPLE AND DRUGGIES WHO LISTEN TO RAP. Which is gross. Yeahhh, I really needed to start this blog. Because the people who live in this town are crazy and I want to move downtown or to some mega cool neighborhood as soon as I possibly can.

Can I just go off on a little rant about this town real quick? OK. So we live in a really cool area. There are lots of great things within driving distance and there's lots of cool stuff going on and it's a great place to live if you homeschool. HOWEVER...we live in a smallish town just out of the city. It's a nice, safe, suburban neighborhood at first glance. There are lots of elderly people, I guess. And a lot of young ones, but not the kind I'm looking for. We live by a high school. Almost every day, when I leave the house, I have to drive by these groups of kids who are about my age. You can tell they're just standing there staring at me thinking "You don't go to OUR school." and I swear, their heads literally turn and follow me as we drive away. As far as I can tell, there are two groups of teens who live here. There's the super athletic girls, with the high ponytails and softball shorts, and the Jockey, square-jawed, athletic boys who wear theyir sports jacket things and chunky tennis shoes everywhere. Yeah, I'm not an athlete, and I tend to get annoyed by them. Especially the guys. Sorry, I'm sure they're perfectly nice, but I always get that instant "Ugh" feeling from them, which I think is instinctual and means that I will never, ever be able to get along with those sort of people. Then there are the somewhat cool (in my opinion) kids. The skaters and the kids who wear Converse and cool band t-shirts and that sort of stuff. But there's a group of them who gather at the end of our street every day to smoke. My dad says they remind him of crows, the way they huddle together under the trees or whatever. I've got a feeling any mildly-cool looking person who lives here is on drugs. Which definitely isn't what I'm looking for. I just want to find people who think like me I guess. People who listen to cool music and have similar political views or whatever, but who have some RESPECT FOR THEIR BODIES.

Ok, I think I'm done. I don't know why I went off on that little rant there. I was supposed to be writing my introduction thing, right? I couldn't think of anything to write, and I just started thinking of that, so there you go. Sorry! Anyway if you know me or whatever, and have an account, you should follow me :)

Love,
Auriana

2 comments:

  1. bwahahaha I found out about this blog because I was talking to you when you were thinking about making it PLUS I saw the alert on facebook :P and yay! I'm mentioned! I think you were the only person who viewed my blog, too lol.

    Ugh I hate the, "You don't go to OUR school look!" though thank God I've never gotten it too much because see, in my uber small city we only have an elementary/middle school (it's from Kindergarten-eigth grade), then the kids go to a high school in a different city. Which is, of course, that really bad high school when people start listing the worst high schools around my area that's always at/near the top of the list :P shootings, drugs, etc. Crappy education. Ghetto. Gangstahish. Some of the reasons I'm homeschooled...but in ninth grade I might start going to a private high school. Never our public one.

    So you're not the only one. And I go into rants too (look above), so we can always rant to each other :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe thanks Ash :) And that sucks about the public schools out there. Whatever you decide to do for highschool, I hope it's awesome =)

    ReplyDelete